Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This is (not) a music blog.

It's turning into one, which makes sense for me, I guess. Music is one of the driving forces in my life. Lately, I've been starting to wonder why I'm not making music, why I haven't been making music all along. Probably got a bit to do with not having the confidence to perform in front of others, but seeing as how I really dig experimental sonic landscapes, a confidence thing shouldn't stop me. And what do I care if someone likes it or doesn't? One man's trash is another man's treasure, and all. So, we'll see. I might make some sounds happen. The internet makes it so easy to be creative these days, must to be taking advantage of all there is to offer.

That being said, I have always told people that my musical talent resides in listening to it, and that may or may not be true. However, I am now making a playlist on Spotify every week for y'alls listening pleasure. I used to make mix tapes, then I burned my CD's. Now I do some clicking, scrolling, and dragging. My taste is all over the place, so expect some interesting things coming your way, but I am mostly trying to compile all the most awesomely weird songs I can find. Some of them might surprise you. Some of them might make you groan and ask "WhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyYY????" as you drop to your knees, sobbing overdramatically.

Without furrthuurr adoooo...