Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lana Del Rey Pays Homage To David Lynch In "Blue Velvet"

I'm going to say it right off the bat, so there is no confusion - I adore Lana Del Rey. If you know me, you know that might be a little out of my range of musical taste, but the first time I heard "Video Games" played on a college radio station, I was hooked.

Del Rey is clearly coming into her own now, and while I'm not terribly big on the whole corporate/fashion/yadda yadda crap, (this cover and video are being used to advertise clothing store H&M) I can't deny that her cover of the classic Bobby Vinton tune "Blue Velvet" is simply divine.

What really nails it for me, as a fan of surreal and horror cinema, is the video. This is the closest I've been to Twin Peaks, since Twin Peaks was on the air.

Feel free to judge for yourself, watch the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment